Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I know that April showers bring May flowers, and all that mumbo jumbo...but COME ON!! We had a few pretty days last week and now it is back to the same old rainy, yucky mess that is has been for the past month. The rain makes me so unproductive. I have no motivation to do anything but crawl under a blanket and have sweet sweet cozy dreams. However, due to the whole paying bills crock I have to be here...at work. Which, dont get me wrong, I love my job. I am thankful that I get to get out of the house and interact with adults on a daily basis. I just wish my contract with my employer included Paid Rain Days. Is that too much to ask???

Michael and I were able to make the most of the pretty days that we did have. Jake was at his Father's house this weekend and Mary was with her "Mother", so we had a chance to get out and about and enjoy the weather. We did, however, have our Friday night ritual of cooking together and then putting ourselves into a coma like state and watching all of our DVR shows that we missed through out the week. That is some good stuff! : ) Saturday though, we got our lazy butts up and went to Tannehill State Park. They have a craft/flea market sort of thing once a month. We really enjoyed being out in the gorgeous weather at the park. We also stopped by Lowes on the way home and got some flowers to plant around our mail box and the front porch. I dont have a green thumb, but luckily Michael's Mom taught him a few things about it. Sunday after we got home from Church, we washed my Jeep, and cleaned the house. It was such a nice weekend!

And of course, now it is flooding...again! I will probably leave work a little early today. Doggy Paddling home takes a lot longer than driving! : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the yucky rain. It's been gloomy here all week too and it makes it hard to do anything.

    ReplyDelete