Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Review

Fun was had by all this weekend. Although, not too much fun that Mommy didn't have time to relax and recoop from the busy week. Friday night was very low key. The kids played spy downstairs and Michael and I caught up on some DVR shows we missed through the week. (What did we do before DVR???) Saturday morning the kids and I went with Nana (my Mom) to Cullman to look at a camper they are thinking of buying. Those things have come a long way since the last one I saw back in the 80's. I was very impressed. We are so hoping they get it. It will be so much fun for weekend camping trips!!! Then we got home and all got ready for the Monster Truck Jam. I have been before but I completely forgot how LOUD and Smokey it is in there. The kids had a great time but we all left the arena yelling at each other and saying "What?" "I cant hear you"! But, all in all it was a lot of fun.
We then went to Sams. Ahhhh....Sams! The one place that I cant leave withouth spending at least $250. But, we were pretty much out of everything, so I guess I cant complain. I have always heard never to take your kids down the candy isle.....well note to self and all the other Mothers reading this.....Never Ever Do it at Sams. The little boogers see the candy in BULK and there eyes almost pop out of there heads! :) After we pealed the kids off of the candy and got out of there we went to Outback and had a great dinner. We then got home and picked out a game to play that Jake got from Santa....Cadoo.

I dont know if any of you have played this with your kids....but I highly recommend it for those who are 7 and older. It was A LOT of fun. We played it for about 2.5 hours Sat night and then for another 1.5 hours Sunday. Great game!!! They have a version for adults that Michael and I are thinking about getting.
Sunday was a day to relax. I dont think any of us even got out of our PJ's that day. Cleaned the house, washed some clothes and the kids played. It was a nice day.
Next weekend is sure to be a blast as well. I have a great surprise planned for my husband. He is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE me!!! Although, I cant share it with you until next Monday. Since he reads this blog it would just ruin it!
I hope you all had a great weekend and are having a great start to the week!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment