Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's That Time

It is soccer season again! I am so excited. Possibly even more so than Jake (nah!)! I LOVE soccer. He generally plays at the park near where we live which is convenient, however, they do not have a Spring League at this park so we have enrolled him in the Alabama Youth League in a nearby town. They travel in this league so it is going to be a little different. Not to mention the difference in temperature. Fall league usually is so hot the first 10 games you fry like bacon and the last couple are either mild or frigid (gotta love that Alabama weather). This time around it is going to be cold to start off with. Like tonight for example. Tonight is the first practice and it is going to be COLD. They couldn't have started last week when it was in the high 60's! :) That is ok. I dont think he even notices the temperature when is out there. I went on my lunch break today and got him some new kicks so we are all set! I cant wait for them to start. Hopefully this season will be as good as his last when they won the Championship!

3 comments:

  1. This post is perfect and I know the excitment of the game. My daughter has played in a travel league for the past 6 years. We've traveled all over the Midwest for tournaments and games. Two years ago they were State Champions. Keep in mind, that this is competitive soccer and the parents are.....

    Need any advise or to moan, I've got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for soccer moms!!! Someday that'll be me, if I can convince my daughter the ball won't hit her in the face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the only reason that I want children someday is so that I can involve them in sports and live vicariously. Hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete