Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!!!


My baby is growing up too fast! Jake turned 9 today. I can't believe that he is getting so big!!! A few more years and he is not going to want to hear "the story" anymore! Every year on his Birthday I tell him the story about how I went to the hospital early in the morning and who all was there waiting and how the doctor came in and brought Jake out of my tummy. His favorite part (and mine as well) is when I tell him about how the doctor laid him on my chest and with every ounce of energy he had, he tilted his little head up and looked at me. That was the sweetest moment I have ever had. He had to see just who had been talking to him for the past 9 months! I have been head over heels in love with that boy ever since! I always tell him that story (with a little more detail) every year on his birthday at exactly 2:02 p.m. because that is when he was born. That was the best day of my life. Those are the memories that are worth a million dollars and I would not trade them for anything!

Happy Birthday Jacob Owen Gurley!!! We love you more than anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment